At our last Parish Council meeting, Colin Harrison announced that he is stepping down from the council. Colin has served on the council for many years and has offered a huge amount of his time and energy in helping with a wide range of developments and activities in our parish. He has always been a thoughtful and positive contributor to council meetings and discussions.
This means that there is now a Vacancy on Warcop Parish Council. If you might be interested, please see the notice below:
VACANCY FOR A PARISH/TOWN COUNCILLOR
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972 (SECTION 87(2))
THE LOCAL ELECTIONS (PARISHES AND COMMUNITIES) (AMENDMENT) RULES
PARISH COUNCIL OF WARCOP
(1) A casual vacancy has arisen in the office of Councillor on the above-mentioned Council caused by RESIGNATION of MR COLIN HARRISON.
(2) A by-election to fill the vacancy must be held if, within 14 days from the date of the publishing of this Notice, ten electors for the Parish Ward give notice, in writing, to the Returning Officer of their request for an election.
(3) The Returning Officer for Parish Elections is Paul Sutton, Town Hall, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7QF
(4) If no such notice is given, the Parish/Town Council must fill the vacancy by co-option as soon as practicable after the expiry of the period of 14 days referred to at Paragraph (2) above.
Dated : 4.10.22
Signed: Heidi Strong
Parish/Town Clerk – Heidi Strong
5 Pembroke Close
* delete ward name if not applicable
- In computing any period of time for the purposes of this notice a Saturday, Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday or a Bank Holiday or a day appointed for public thanksgiving or mourning, shall be disregarded.